Photo: Bob Zivkovic

Photo: Bob Zivkovic

Used by permission

Nikolajevska Crkva

Serbian Orthodox

Novi Sad

Serbia

The Church of St. Nicholas is the oldest Orthodox church in Novi Sad, mentioned as early as 1739. It was renovated following damage in the uprising of 1849. The dome, typical of Russian Orthodox churches, and crosses are plated with 23-carat gold. The iconostases were painted by Serbian Pavie Simich.
Photo: Bob Zivkovic
Bob Zivkovic
Photo: Universitet u Novom Sadu
Photo: Universitet u Novom Sadu