The 17th century church was abandoned following the population exchange in 1923. It was then used for storage. After determining that the church lacked historical value it was dynamited in 1969. The central part of the church was not destroyed and the current adult education center was built around it. A proposal to restore the church as a museum failed and the church was to be demolished at the end of 2012.
Click each picture to enlarge