St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church
Opportunity for work in steel mills and mines brought people here as part of the Great Slavic Migration of 1880–1915. The first Greek Catholic church in Minersville, St. George, was established in 1896. A new St George was built in 1913, though it was destroyed by fire in 1919. In 1916, prior to the fire, the original St. George's became St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Uniate Church. After the fire a new St. Nicholas church was built in 1937 on the site.
Click each picture to enlarge