St. Nicholas Catholic Church
Byzantine Catholic (Melkite Greek)
A small group of Eastern European immigrants settled in the Danbury area and began to form a parish. They purchased the First Church of the Nazarene in 1925. The building was remodeled in the 1960s and 70s, but still was deemed inadequate by the 1990s. A new wood and stone church was dedicated in 1996. Fire destroyed the church June 29, 2013. The church building can't be salvaged and will have to be replaced. The church is meeting in the Moose Hall across the street in the meantime.
Click each picture to enlarge