Migdal Ha'emek (Al-Mujaydil)
The city of Migdal Ha'emek was established in 1954; the top of the hill, the center of the new city, is the site of the ruined Arab village of Mujeidal. The village was abandoned and destroyed in 1948, leaving the two churches. The church was founded in 1894 by Grand Duke Sergey. It functioned until 1948; Migdal Ha'emek, a kibbutz, was founded in 1953. Abandoned and in ruins, the church was rebuilt in 2004 by Sophia (Association of Russian Orthodox Christians in Israel), funded by private parish donations. The church is filled on weekends with Russian immigrants and foreign workers from Romania and Bulgaria.
Click each picture to enlarge