Anglican Church at Nelligen, St Nicholas
Anglican Church of Australia
Nelligen, New South Wales
The original 1875 Anglican Church at Nelligen, dedicated to St Nicholas, was destroyed by bushfires in 1939. That same year the Nelligen courthouse (ca 1895)was closed. In 1940 the Anglican services moved to the courthouse which the Diocese purchased in 1955.
When seeking approval to repair and extend the building it was discovered that it had never been consecrated. On 15 March 2003, it was consecrated the Anglican Church at Nelligen, St Nicholas.
Click each picture to enlarge