Easy Cut-and-Paste St. Nicholas
This is a nice, easy cutting project for preschoolers through second grade. These Saint Nicholases may decorate a window or classroom. Make him as a full figure, or just face with beard and miter. Face may be beige or tan instead of pink.
• Pink or tan, white, red, and yellow cover or cardstock
• 12 x 18-inch construction paper to match miter, for full figure only
• Blue cover or cardstock, optional
• Each face requires tan or pink face, red miter & nose, white beard & hair, and yellow cross. Blue eyes may be printed on blue stock or on white stock and colored.
• Printer or copier to reproduce pattern pieces on cover or cardstock
• Paper cutter
• Blue marker for eyes, if needed
• Permanent dry roll-on adhesive, or other paste or glue
1. Print pattern pieces: one red and white sheet for each face; the yellow sheets have two pattern pieces; if just making faces, use separate PDF page with 2 face patterns, not the one with both face and hands;
2. Use paper cutter to easily cut tan/pink and yellow pieces apart; if using printed blue eyes, cut sheet apart making pairs;
3. Make a packet with the four pattern pieces for each child;
4. Children cut out all pattern pieces;
5. Color eyes blue and cut out, if not using eyes printed on blue stock;
6. Paste tan or pink face at top of white beard piece;
7. Paste miter on top of pink face;
8. Paste nose, hair and cross in place.
FOR FULL FIGURE
1. Round corners of 12 x 18-inch piece of construction paper;
2. Position head on body piece, glue;
3. Glue circles for hands in place.
Click for PDF pattern
For faces only
use this PDF instead of page 1 above
Easy Cut-and-Paste St. Nicholas adapted from design by Stephanie Cook, a first grade teacher in a Catholic school in Kansas, myfirstgradespot.blogspot. Used by permission.
Copyright © 2013 St. Nicholas Center
Patterns may be printed for use with non-profit groups making art and craft projects. For all other uses, please request permission from email@example.com. Thank you.