Easy Lamb Cake
Here is a quick and easy lamb for Easter! All you need are regular 9-inch layer cake pans.
1 pkg yellow cake mix + what the mix calls for
1 3-oz pkg cherry flavor Jello
1 8-oz tub Cool Whip, thawed
15 Kraft Jet-Puffed marshmallows, cut in half
¼ teaspoon pink colored sugar
1 pink jelly bean
1 teaspoon black decorating gel
1. Heat oven to 350°; line 2 9-inch round cake pans with parchment & spary with cooking spray or grease and flour pans.
2. Prepare cake mix as directed on package; stir in dry Jello; pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake 25-28 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool layers i pans 15 minutes; invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool completely.
4. Place one cake layer on serving plate; spread top with 1 cup Cool Whip. Put remaining layer on top; frost sides and top with remaining Cool Whip.
5. Press cut sides of 2 marshmallow halves in pink sugar; gently press on cake top, making ears as shown in photo. Decorate cake with jelly bean, decorating gel and remaining marshmallows.
SOURCE: Kraft Recipes, with complete illustrated directions