|Click for prinitable PDF handout|
Distribute packets of St. Nicholas Magic Dust the week before St. Nicholas Day, along with a handout telling about St. Nicholas.
Before going to bed on St. Nicholas Eve, 5 December, toss the dust on the ground in front of the door. Then go inside and put shoes outside the bedroom door. When the good saint sees the sparkle on the ground in the moonlight, he knows children live there and will come to the house, leaving simple treats in the shoes.
To prepare St. Nicholas Magic Dust for a group you will need:
1. Small envelopes (about 2¼ x 3¾ inches) for each person
2. Gold or silver glitter, about a teaspoon for each envelope
3. Labels printed with Saint Nicholas Magic Dust for the envelopes
4. Decorate envelopes with metallic stars, if desired
6. A handout telling how to use St. Nicholas Magic Dust
A week before St. Nicholas Day, distribute the St. Nicholas Magic Dust with information about St. Nicholas and the directions for using the dust.
Source: Homemade card purchased at a Polish Fest
St Nicholas Center Collection
Source unknown. St. Joseph Roman Catholic Parish, Everson, Pennsylvania, gives St. Nicholas Magic Dust to children. And St. Nicholas sometimes gives the dust to adults at the annual Wigilia dinner, too. St. Joseph Parish shared the idea with us.
back to top