Parish Clerks CompanySaint Nicholas Patron Banner The Worshipful Company of Parish Clerks St Lawrence Jewry ChurchLondon, England UK The company banner shows Patron Saint Nicholas. The Worshipful Company of Parish Clerks was founded as the Fraternity of Saint Nicholas in the 13th century and received a charter from Henry VI in 1442. Clerks’ responsibilities were originally primarily liturgical. After the Reformation their duties changed to parish record keeping and responsibility for music. There are now up to 150 parish clerks in the company, representing all the City of London parishes and its suburbs.