San Nicola di Bari

Fresco

Santa Maria dei Martiri
Santa Maria Rotonda
The Pantheon, Rome, Itlay

1686
The painting by an unknown artist is in the first niche to the right of the entrance. the Pantheon was first built by Agrippa in 27 BC. Destroyed by fire in 80 BC, Hadrian rebuilt it with a new facade around AD 125. In 609 the emperor gave the building to the pope, who converted it into a church. This saved it from abandonment and destruction, so it is now the best-preserved ancient Roman monumental building.