Baarn, Utrecht Netherlands
After losing Nicolaaskerk in 1580, the Catholics in Baarn did not have a place to worship until 1703. Then their hidden church, or conventicle, was a farmhouse, The Red House. It was used until the Kerkstraat church was built in 1860. The present neo-Gothic building replaced it in 1905, however funds didn't permit building the tower. Money for a tower was raised by 1928, but need for a new organ took precedence. The roof is still flat on the right, for the never-built tower.