Nikolajevska

Belgrade (Zemun) Serbia

Serbian Orthodox

This baroque church in the center of old Zemun was built in 1725-1731. The icons were painted in 1762 by one of the most famous Serbian iconographers, Dimitrije Bacevic. Fire burned the bell tower in 1867; it was rebuilt in 1870. The church’s treasury contains many fine icons from the 18th and 19th centuries and many other precious objects, including relics of Saint Andrew.

More photos