In 1927 the church was completely remodeled to make the old late-Gothic pseudo-basilica (1847) into a more open hall church. The two side aisles were made into two large side naves, nearly doubling the church's capacity. The sanctuary is from the original 1504 church. The church was lengthened in 1847 by removing the tower and building a new one 15 meters to the west. The church has many oak carvings. The high altar and wood paneling in the sanctuary are from the Cathedral of Roermond.