The church and tower were designed by two different architects: the church built in 1867, followed by the tower in 1886. There is a statue of Saint Nicholas in a niche above the entrance. He is also depicted on a fresco painted in 1947.
The Sint Nicolaas Hoeve (farmhouse) is named for the patron saint of this Roman Catholic church. A statue of Saint Nicholas is in a niche above the door.