St Nicholas Pro-Cathedral

Liverpool, Lancashire England UK

[Roman Catholic]

Built in 1813, St Nicholas served as the Pro-Cathedral in Liverpool from 1850 until 1967, when the Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King was built. The church was a chapel of ease to the cathedral until the parish closed in 1972. The building was razed in 1973 to make way for the Royal Mail Copperas Hill Sorting Office, the second largest in the UK. A plaque identifies the site as the location of St Nicholas Pro-Cathedral.