Our Lady of Perpetual Succour & St Nicholas

Knighton, Powys Wales UK

Roman Catholic

This present brick church was built in 1974. It seats 100 and was consecrated in 1975. The parish was part of the Carmarthen mission from 1896 until 1907 when Jesuits at Llandrindod took responsibility for it. The first Mass in Knighton was in a butcher's shop. After it was sold, a chapel was created in the music room of the Whitehall residence. When it was sold, a former tannery was converted to a chapel in 1958. When deemed unsafe in 1968, it was razed and this church built.