Spahomin (Douglas Lake), British Columbia Canada
[Roman Catholic]The St Nicholas Roman Catholic log church, designed and constructed by Father LeJeune, was dedicated in 1889 at the Indian village of Spahomin. Father LeJeune developed and printed his own Chinook shorthand in his teachings and newspaper, the Kamloops “Wawa”. It contained village and world news, lessons, religious instruction, and editorials and had a readership up to 3000. The church is now abandoned.