Ibstone, Buckinghamshire England UK
Church of England (Anglican)
Ibstone has had a parish church for over 1000 years—at least as long as the great yew tree, 19 feet around, in the church yard. The mainly Norman building dates to around 1200 with the doorway, nave and font from the 12th. The early 15th century pulpit may be one of the oldest in the country as it was then customary to preach from the chancel steps. The lead covering the nave roof was twice stolen in 1970 and is now replaced with mineralised felt. The church is set apart from the village, yet very much part of village life.