Wostok-Bukovina, Alberta Canada
Orthodox Church in America - Canada
The church began in the late 1890s and the building was blessed in 1990. It is made of hand-hewn logs, hauled from local forests and built on a foundation of rocks and stones from local fields. It is 28 feet wide by 45 feet long. A belfry was added in 1922. In 1939 a number of improvements were done, including digging out a basement and putting stucco on the outside. Improvements were carried out again in 1954 and 1967 when electricity was installed.