Kapelle St Niklausen

St Niklausen, Kerns, Canton Obwalden Switzerland

Roman Catholic

The chapel is located a bit higher outside the village. It is a branch of the Kerns parish. The bell tower dates from around 1350. Initially, it was an outdoor chapel with the nave added by the end of the 1300s. The choir has medieval frescos from 1370; the ceiling baroque paintings are from 1704. The chapel was restored in 1995.