Coldstream, British Columbia Canada
St. Nicholas, the oldest Ukrainian Catholic Church in British Columbia, was built in 1936 on land given by Konstantine and Anne Scherba. A small church, 14 x 36 feet, it fell into disuse after a new larger church was built in Vernon. Following the 1991 designation as a municipal heritage site, restoration work was undertaken. Completed in 1997, the church reopened and Divine Liturgy is celebrated in May to honour St Nicholas and the pioneers of the church.