St Nicholas Church

Sturry, Kent England UK

Church of England (Anglican)/Methodist

Church Website

The Sturry church belonged to the Monks of St Augustine's Abbey, Canterbury, from 1027 to 1538. The original church was built in the standard Norman pattern of nave, chancel and west tower. Aisles were added about 1200 and holes were knocked in the walls to make arches.

St. Nicholas is one of a group of churches within the Church of England and the Methodist Church in the Parish of Sturry with Fordwich and Westbere with Hersden. It is part of both the Anglican Diocese of Canterbury and the North East Kent Methodist Circuit.

More information and photos here and here