Our Lady & St Nicholas Parish Church

Wanlip, Leicestershire England UK

Church of England (Anglican)

Church Website

Most of the church, built of red granite from Montsorrel, dates to around 1393—the tower is around a hundred years older and was part of an earlier church on the site. A general restoration took place in 1904: removing poles supporting the nave roof, new oak pews, stalls, and pulpit, hot water heating, and a new south aisle. Noteworthy is the exceptional brass in the chancel floor. Dated 1393, it is the earliest English brass known with the inscription in English, not Latin.

The church belongs to the Parish of Birstall and Wanlip.