Parish of Ss Joseph & Nicholas

Moorends, Yorkshire England UK

Roman Catholic

Church Website

Established as a Chapel of Ease in 1906 to serve the small number of Catholics, augmented by recent Dutch immigrants cutting peat, the parish was founded in 1939. The church itself was opened in 1939, replacing a corrugated iron church that had served since 1912, and was transferred from the Premonstratensian Order to the diocese in 1987.

More information