The Burgos Church of St. Nicholas dates from before 1163. It became independent from the cathedral in 1408. Falling into ruin, it was completely restored in 1910 and named a National Monument in 1917. The church now belongs to the parish of San Esteban. The church, on the route of the Camino de Santiago (Way of St. James), is highly ornamented Gothic with many Saint Nicholas images. The three painted scenes of Nicholas' life are three of the eight side panel paintings in the St. Michael Chapel altar piece. Six of the eight panels are of Saint Nicholas.
See more images of Nicholas in scenes of his life in the amazing stone carvings on the high altar piece.