This small, once smoke-blackened church is known as "St. Nicholas Church - a Day." The name comes either because the original small wooden church was dedicated on the day building began, one year later, or, because it was built in one day in 1702. The church served the build of barbers during the 18th century. Fire destroyed the roof in 1827. In ruins again in 1909, it was again repaired and the painting restored. From 1911-1947 it was used for prayers by the Albanian community. The building was whitewashed and the iron fence built in 1997-8. It is now crowded by university and office buildings. The church was re-consecrated in 2012.