Nikolauskirche

Wil, Canton St. Gallen Switzerland

Roman Catholic

The church was first known as Hl. Nikolaus in 1248, though it was a chapel until 1329. Expansion was begun in 1429 when the choir was built, construction was interrupted, and finished around 1500.

Wil has a particularly active Nikolaus group. The 12, with their Ruprecht partners, leave the church on a Saturday afternoon during Advent to go out visitng in homes and hospitals.

More information