Rouen, Normandie France
[Roman Catholic]The 12th century Church of Saint-Nicolas was rebuilt from 1503-1533, between what is now Rue Saint-Nicolas and Rue Croix de Fer, on the site of earlier buildings lost to fires. Damaged in the French Revolution, as were many churches, it was closed in 1791 and destroyed in 1840. Some remains are visible in the building on the site, the steeple was moved to Cottévrard, and the stained glass to York Minster in England. Of 31 churches in Rouen, five are active parishes today.
Picture and information