Sint Nicolaaskerk

Oldemarkt Netherlands

Protestantse Kerk in Nederland (Reformed)

Church Website

The residents of Oldemarkt asked the bishop to build a chapel in the village as they lived a long ways from the parish church in Paasloo. To raise funds quickly, Bishop Rudolf van Diepholt on August 24, 1448, gave an indulgence of 40 days to anyone who contributed financially during the next year to the building of the chapel. The chapel, dedicated to Saint Nicholas until the Reformation, became a church in 1489. This building dates from the 16th century.