Protestantse Kerk in Nederland (Reformed)
The church was built around 1200, though much is from the 14th and 15th centuries. The tower was raised in the 16th century. The dike board gave the bell in 1606 to alert distant residents to dike bursts and flooding. The bell was confiscated during World War II and melted down for German armaments. Saint Nicholas was patron saint of the church until about 1577 when the church was stripped of altar, statues, and other Catholic accoutrements, to ready it for Protestant worship. Every one in Benschop continued to worship there until 1640 when the Catholics became part of the conventicle (hidden church) in IJsselstein.