Sint Nicolaaskerk

Maastricht Netherlands

[Roman Catholic]

Sint Nicolaaskerk served as a collegiate church from 1343 until 1837. In 1798 the organ, replaced by a large one, from Basiliek Onze Lieve Vrouwe Sterre der Zee in Maastricht was moved to Sint Nicolaaskerk. The statue of Our Lady and Child, originally from a Franciscan convent, was placed in Nicolaaskerk after being saved from confiscation in 1796. It is now in the Basilica of Our Kind Lady, Star of the Sea.

Due to lack of space and decay the church was pulled down in 1837 and made way for what is now the Hotel Derlon.