The church, dedicated to Saint Nicholas, dates to around 1352. Eemnes was plundered and burned to the ground in 1481, badly damaging the church and tower. A new tower, probably built on the lower sections of the original, was completed in 1521. The church was burned by Spaniards in 1574. Early in the 1600s it was again restored. The whole church was restored in 1977.