[Roman Catholic / Reformed]
Dedicated to Saint Nicholas, patron saint of seamen, the chapel is thought to have been built around 1350. For centuries it served the hamlet of Coelhorst, first Roman Catholic, and then by 1759, as a Protestant chapel of ease. In 1838 Hoogland became an independent church and built a new larger church. In 1843 the dilapidated, small, chapel was sold for 800 guilders to the van Tuyll van Serooskerken family. It has since served as a masoleum for them and later for the Beelaerts van Blokland. Named a national historic monument in 1973, the chapel was fully restored in 2002. It is open to visitors on Monuments Day.