Sint Nicolaaskerk

Offingawier / Offenwier (Sneek) Netherlands

Protestantse Kerk in Nederland (Reformed)

Offingawier is one of five villages that make up Sneek. In 1984 the south wall of this 1850 church had settled so severely that some of the ceiling fell. The ensuing investigation discovered, underneath the brick outer wall, walls of an earlier church dedicated to Saint Nicholas in 1335. The church was completely altered in 1882 and renovated again in 1985. A Reformed congregation has used it since 1986.