Liptovský Mikuláš Slovakia
The early Gothic church was finished around 1300. Remains of early 15th century fortifications built around the church are preserved in the predestrian zone. During the 16th and 17th centuries the church passed back and forth between Roman Catholics and Protestants. After having suffered several fires, the interior was restored in the 1940s. The church featured on a Slovakian stamp in 2004.