Merdrignac, Bretagne France
The old Saint Nicholas church, 1373, was abandoned in 1830 after the French revolution. Then saltpeter was manufactured in the old church, and it was later used for the cavalry. All the statues of the church disappeared except for Saint Nicholas. The town was originally named Saint-Nicolas-du-Vieux-Bourg. The new church was dedicated in 1834, with the tower built in 1864.