The congregation, established in 1931, became independent of Stockholm in 1936. Baptism, funerals, weddings, and four divine services a year were held. During World War II the priest could not come from Sweden. Immigration after the war somewhat diluted the Russian character of the congregation. During Soviet times the church came under the Ecumenical Pariarchate. The church, built in 1940, burned in 1986. It was rebuilt with a new iconostasis and liturgical items from Greece and Portugal. A new church was built in 2015. Services are pan-Orthodox in Old Church Slavonic and Norwegian. There are branches of the congregation in Bergen, Stavanger, Neiden, and Copenhagen in Denmark.