Kosciól sw. Mikolaja

Glogow Poland

[Roman Catholic]

Having suffered greatly over the centuries, this church now stands in the town center as an empty shell, following its total destruction during World War II. Built as a Roman basilica in the mid-13th century, fire destroyed it for the first time in 1291. It was rebuilt between 1291 and 1309 as a Gothic building. Fire ravaged the church again in 1420, 1473, and 1489. A Baroque interior was added in 1642.

More pictures