Kirche St. Nikolaus

Baltrum Germany

Roman Catholic

Church Website

A church dedicated to the patron saint of sailors was built in 1957, here on the smallest of the Ostfresi Islands. The red-brick church is roofed with reed thatch. Services are held on the auto-free island during the summer season—from March to October. The church itself seats 100 worshipers, while 300 more can be accomodated in the forecourt. More than 10,000 visitors attend each summer. Winter services for up to 50 are held in the parsonage. The church was renewed in 1984.

More photos