Adamantas, Milos Greece
Roman CatholicThe church was built by Louis Brest, French vice-consul to Milos, in 1827. He was the liaison for the purchase of the Venus di Milo and transporting the statue to Paris as a gift from Marquis Charles-Francois de Riffardeau to King Louis XVIII, who later donated it to the Louvre. It is believed that Brest named the church in honor of one of his sons who was named "Nicolas." Gravestones in the floor of the church have inscriptions in English, French and Latin.