Church of St. Nicholas

Weekes, Saskatchewan Canada

Byzantine Catholic (Ukrainian)

The small wooden church was built in 1946, two miles southwest of Weekes. It is lighted by candles and has a wood-burning iron stove. Membership, highest in the 1960s, has declined as people have left the area. Divine Liturgy is celebrated several times during the year. The parish is under the pastoral charge of Hudson Bay.