Istanbul / Salmatomruk - Fatih Turkey
[Roman Catholic]The church and connected monastery date from the 9th century. Latin, Greek and Armenian tradesmen were brought to this district in the capital when the Ottomans took Caffa in the Crimea. The church was authorized to use the Latin Mass, and Dominicans from the monastery provided the Latin Mass until 1630. The church was then converted into a mosque, adding a minaret. The nave has been well-preserved and is the only accessible part of the building. The monastery ruins disappeared with new construction in the 1960s.