Nikolai Kirik

Pärnu Estonia

The brick church, dating from the 13th century, was a well-known pilgrimage site for the black cross in the chapel on the northern side of the church (the cross is now depicted on Pärnu's coat of arms). After damage from several fires and wars, it was blown up in 1953. In 1989, a memorial to the church was established by former residents who had resettled in Germany.