Kirk of St. Nicholas Strathbrock

Uphall, West Lothian Scotland UK

Church of Scotland (Presbyterian)

Church Website

St Nicholas Kirk has served many generations of Uphall folk, as the Norman church was built in the 12th century. Later additions include the chancel (13th century), Shairp Aisle (1620), general reworking in 1878, and restoration in 1937-1938. The third minister after the Reformation was Episcopalian.

The bell is inscribed in Latin, translated: “In honour of St Nicholas the bell of the church of Strathbrock the year of our Lord 1503.”

St Nicholas, Uphall, united with St Machan, Ecclesmachan, in 1976.