Roman CatholicThe church was built 1616, replacing an earlier church from 1564. A new church was begun in 1740 behind the church, but only the apse and sacristies were completed. The work was interrupted by the Napoleonic Wars and the plan was abandoned. The new part was simply attached to the older small existing church. The tower, built in 1691, is the most recognizable landmark in Perast. The bell tower has three bells and the clock was brought from Venice in 1730.