Hérémence, Canton Valais Switzerland
In 1961 it was decided that the church from 1770, weakened over time and by an earthquake in 1946, would have to be replaced. After the old church was demolished in 1967, construction began in 1968 for a new church, built entirely of concrete. It is one of eight churches designed by architect Walter Maria Fõrderer. The church was dedicated in 1971 and its unusual architecture attracts many visitors.