The church is on the market square in Stary Fordon; it is the oldest religious building in Fordon, though most of it dates from the interwar years. It is a continuation of the medieval parish of Wyszogród, dating back to the early 1400s. The new part was built in 1927—extending the nave and enlarging the windows. Damaged by bombing in 1939, the church was closed by the German occupation, and the priests publicly executed. Renovation followed the war. Lightning burnt the tower down in 1980. Renovation in 1982 changed the tower cupola, covering it with copper. Renovations continued in the 1990s.