[Roman Catholic]In the 13th century a Dominican monastery was built in Buda with a church dedicated to St. Nicholas. It was destroyed by Mongolians in 1245. The church, rebuilt in 1500, was destroyed again by Ottoman Turks in 1541—only the tower survived. In 1700 a new Jesuit college was built, incorporating the Dominican ruins with the tower. World War II bombing destroyed the college, leaving the tower a hollow shell without a spire. In 1970 all the surviving ruins—the cloister arcade, the old church choir remains, and the tower—were incorporated into the new modern Hilton Budapest.