Old Parish Church of St Nicholas

Siggiewi Malta

[Roman Catholic]

The Resources and Infrastructure Ministry has started conservation work on the site of the old St Nicholas parish church. It was built soon before 1436 and destroyed in the 17th century. The site has been used for agriculture. Vegetation and soil will be removed from the partly buried ruins. Eventually it will be opened to the public with an exhibition of sculpture from the site and interpretive signage. It was declared a heritage site in 1998 and is being redeveloped as an archeological site.